Prescribing information available here
QUICK AND SIMPLE TO TEACH AND LEARN
Proper inhaler technique is crucial for effective management of asthma and COPD.1 Easyhaler is quick and simple for physicians to teach and for patients to learn.2,3
- The correct use of Easyhaler includes three simple steps:
1. Shake, 2. Click and 3. Inhale
- 92 % of physicians consider Easyhaler inhalation technique as easy or very easy to teach.2
- 74 % of patients learn to use Easyhaler in less than 5 min, and 99% of patients learn correct technique within 10 minutes.2
- 98 % of asthma and COPD patients, of all ages, regard Easyhaler as very easy or easy to learn.3
- Asthma, COPD and ACO patients are more satisfied with Easyhaler than their previous inhalers.2
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING YOUR EASYHALER
Also available on the wehale.life website for patients
HOW TO GET STARTED
- A new inhaler comes in a foil pouch to keep the powder dry.
- Do not open the pouch until you are ready to start using your Easyhaler.
- The inhaler is composed of the inhaler device, a mouthpiece and a dustcap.
- Make sure the dust cap covers the mouthpiece of the Easyhaler (this stops the inhaler releasing medicine by accident).
- A protective cover is optional. Open the protective cover and insert the inhaler into it. (covers can be requested through UK.MedicalInformation@orionpharma.com).
- If you are not using the inhaler immediately, close the protective cover.
For further information on how to use and store Easyhaler, please see the Patient Information Leaflet
HOW TO TAKE A DOSE FROM EASYHALER
- Remove the dust cap.
- Place the inhaler between your forefinger and thumb.
Shake the inhaler in an upright position 3–5 times.
- Press down until you
hear a click.
Then let it back to its
Breathe out normally.
- Place the mouthpiece in your mouth between your teeth and close your lips tightly around the mouthpiece.
- Take a strong and deep breath in.
- Take the inhaler out of your mouth.
- Hold breath for at least 5 seconds.
- Breathe out normally.
WHAT TO DO WHEN?
YOU CLICKED MORE THAN ONCE
- Do you think that you have clicked the Easyhaler more than once?
- Did you click the inhaler by accident?
- It is important to click only once to ensure proper dosing.
YOU EXHALED INTO THE INHALER
- Did you breathe INTO the inhaler?
It is important not to breathe out into the inhaler, because it can clog up the inhaler.
EMPTY THE MOUTHPIECE
- Tap the mouthpiece to empty the powder onto a table top or the palm of your hand.
- Then start again with steps 1, 2 and 3.
- Clean the mouthpiece at least once a week with a clean dry cloth or tissue.
- Do not use water or other liquids, the powder is sensitive to moisture.
- If you use the protective cover, you can take the inhaler out of it to wipe it.
- When you are putting the inhaler back into its protective cover, put the dust cap on the mouthpiece to prevent accidental release of medicine.
GETTING A NEW EASYHALER
When the numbers turn red, there are 20 doses left.
- The inhaler has a dose counter which shows how many doses are left.
- The counter turns after every fifth dose.
- When the counter reaches 0, the inhaler needs replacing.
- Keep the protective cover for the next inhaler.
|If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in the package leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Date of Preparation: November 2019 / RESP-330bea
- Hantulik P, Wittig K, Henschel Y, Ochse J, Vahteristo M, Rytila P. Usage and usability of one dry powder inhaler compared to other inhalers at therapy start: an open, non-interventional observational study in Poland and Germany. Pneumonologi a i Alergologia Polska 2015;83(5):365–377.
- Tamási L, Szilasi M, Gálffy G. Clinical Effectiveness of Budesonide/Formoterol Fumarate Easyhaler® for Patients with Poorly Controlled Obstructive Airway Disease: a Real-World Study of Patient-Reported Outcomes. Adv Ther. 2018 Aug;35(8):1140-1152.
- Gálffy G, Mezei G, Németh G, Tamási L, Müller V, Selroos O, Orosz M. Inhaler competence and patient satisfaction with Easyhaler®: results of two real-life multicentre studies in asthma and COPD. Drugs R D 2013;13(3):215-22.
Orion is a globally operating Finnish pharmaceutical company - a builder of well-being for more than 100 years. Orion develops, manufactures and markets human and veterinary pharmaceuticals and active pharmaceutical ingredients. Respiratory diseases are one of Orion’s core therapy areas. Orion's net sales in 2018 amounted to EUR 977 million and the company had about 3,200 employees. Orion's A and B shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.® ®
As a forward-looking pharmaceutical company, Orion continues to invest in research and development of treatment options for people with asthma and COPD. The focus is on safety and quality in each step of the product life cycle while taking care of the environment. Sustainability is entwined in the whole process from R&D through manufacturing. It is also required of Orion’s providers. Orion is committed to keeping the best possible control of the environmental impacts of their own factories by reducing energy consumption and the impact of their waste waters, among others, and is making good progress in that regard. Orion works to ensure that suppliers have procedures in place to control and reduce their own environmental impacts as well. All aspects of sustainability - social, economic and environmental - are carefully considered in the whole product life cycle, including patient use and the disposal of old inhalers.
You may download the Orion Sustainability Report 2018 here
|Adverse events should be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. Adverse events should also be reported to Orion Pharma (UK) Ltd on 01635 520300..